What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system that uses clear aligners to straighten your teeth. You could think of Invisalign as clear braces. These aligners are crafted to perfectly fit your teeth and gradually move your teeth into optimal positions.
As your teeth move, you should notice improved alignment and bite in addition to a beautiful smile. Invisalign is popular because it does the work of traditional braces with unparalleled subtlety and comfort.
There are many adults and adolescents who would like to straighten their teeth but are not thrilled about the prospect of metal braces. Especially for adults, wearing traditional braces can feel like another embarrassment.
If you are considering straightening your teeth, we highly recommend Invisalign. Many of our patients have found that Invisalign is a subtle way to correct problems with alignment, gaps, crowding, crooked teeth, and bite issues.
The Advantages of Choosing Invisalign
It is true that Invisalign offers many definite advantages over traditional braces. Here are a few of the reasons our patients choose Invisalign:
- Appearance. For many, this is the most important reason they choose Invisalign. The clear aligners are unobtrusive. Most people will not notice you are wearing them. Invisalign allows you to straighten your teeth without feeling self-conscious.
- Convenience. Another advantage of these aligners is that they are removable. You can simply remove them to enjoy all of the foods you cannot eat when undergoing traditional orthodontic treatments.
- Hygiene. Taking care of your teeth is easier with Invisalign than traditional braces. You can remove the aligners to brush and floss easily.
- Safety. If you enjoy playing sports or other physical activities, you do not have to worry about a bracket popping out or a wire breaking.
- Lower Maintenance. Because Invisalign lacks brackets and wires, you do not require constant visits to an orthodontist for adjustments and maintenance. You simply pick up the next set of aligners from us every few weeks to ensure the progress of your treatment.
How Long Will It Take?
Invisalign usually requires a shorter treatment time than traditional braces. For most people, the process takes between 8 and 18 months. We recommend that you wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours per day for optimum results.
How Do I Care For My Invisalign Clear Braces?
Invisalign is easy to care for, especially when compared to all the complications that come with metal braces. You will clean your aligners every day using a toothbrush and cleanser. Use room temperature water, and scrub your aligners gently. Take extra care to brush after meals to maintain the cleanliness of your Invisalign clear braces.
If Invisalign is the solution you have been looking for, we will explore this option with you. Call today to schedule a consultation.